Best Caravan Parks in NSW
Travellers have their say!
What are the best caravan parks in NSW? And why are they the best?
Read on to discover the best caravan parks we have found, and why we rate them so highly.
Also, do you have a favourite caravan park in NSW that you'd like to share? We, and other visitors to this site would love to hear about it. (Just fill in the simple form below, and you'll soon have your own page on this site!)
Our Favourite Caravan Parks in NSW
1. Lake Tabourie Tourist Park, Lake Tabourie
Located 10mins south of Ulladulla, 3.5hrs south of Sydney.
- Situated on the foreshore of Lake Tabourie, next to a beach, and well off the road.
- GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY. Kids stay FREE!!! 2010 pricing: off-peak unpowered sites $22/family/night, powered $32/night. Peak-season unpowered sites $48/family/night, powered $60/night.
- Variety of accommodation to suit all needs and budgets. Including facilities to suit small or large groups such as a bunkhouse and woolshed.
- Facilities include: full size tennis court, putt putt golf, large children's playground and jumping pillow, modern amenities, laundry and BBQ areas.
- Note that this is a very large caravan park, which can get very busy during peak season. Off-season is cheaper, and very pleasant!
For further information see www.laketabourietouristpark.com.au
2. Lane Cove River Tourist Park Lane Cove National Park, Plassey Road, Macquarie Park (North Ryde).
What we love about it:
- 10km from Sydney city centre
- Reasonable rates(Current for 2010): $37/night for a powered site, children < 11yrs free. ( >11yrs, $10/night). 7th night free!
- 20min bus ride to city. Bus stop 900m from park, with buses running very frequently. Ticket options include:
- One-way ticket $4/adult
- Daily Day Tripper ticket (includes all city buses, trains & ferries) - $16/adult, $8/concession.
- Weekly Pass (full week of unlimitied travel on standard buses, trains, ferries) - $43/adult, $21.50/concession.
- Family Discounts. With 1 full-priced adult, pay for a full-price ticket for 1st child and any other children are Free.
- Great facilities and activities within the park:
- Free nightly guided animal spotting and star gazing (weather dependant)
- Boat and bike hire available for use within the park
- Good bushwalking and bike riding paths
- Communal camp kitchen, lounge/TV room and clean amenity blocks
- Outdoor pool and playground
Click here for more information about
Lane Cove River Tourist Park.
What is YOUR Favourite Caravan Park?
What is the one caravan park that you are always excited about recommending to a friend? Share it here...
What Other Travellers Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Glenrest Tourist Park, Glen Innes Not rated yet
Cheap by comparison, ($23-$26 x 2 adults) very clean amenities, very friendly staff and helpful.
Panoramic views, the park is kept very tidy and …
Dalmeny Campground Not rated yet
Camp right on the headland overlooking the beach and the river that flows to the beach. Awesome right hand wave right in front of the campground - …
Click here to write your own.
Caravan and Camping Resources:
Return HOME from Best Caravan Parks in NSW
Return to Best Caravan Parks