Best Caravan Parks in WA
Travellers have their say!
What are the best caravan parks in WA? And why are they the best?
Read on to discover the best caravan parks we have found, and why we rate them so highly.
Also, do you have a favourite caravan park in Western Australia that you'd like to share? We, and other visitors to this site would love to hear about it. (Just fill in the simple form below, and you'll soon have your own page on this site!)
Our Favourite Caravan Parks in Western Australia
1. Taunton Farm Holiday Park, Margaret River/Cowaramup, WA
10mins (14km) north of Margaret River township.
Ph.08 9755 5334 / 1800 248 777
What do we love about Taunton Farm?
- Location. Conveniently situated in the Margaret River Wine Region of WA between the towns of Margaret River and Cowaramup.
- Central to vineyards, beaches and the vast array of attractions within the Cape to Cape Region, it is an ideal place from which to explore the south-west of WA.
- Setting: Relaxing, peaceful, spacious, rural environment. Situated on a working beef and sheep property.
- Reasonably Priced: (2010 prices) Unpowered sites $33 - $38 (depending on low/high season) + $8/child 2-15yrs. Extra $2 for power.
2 bed cottages: $115-$155 (low-high season) + $8/child 2-15yrs.
- Farm animals and feeding
- Farm and wildflower walks
- Walk to winery and cheese factory
- Large grassed recreation area, playground, and jumping pillow
- Barn-style campers kitchen with free gas BBQ's and log fire
- Telephone and kiosk on site
- Full caravan park amenities including laundry
For family camping, retirees, and anywhere in-between, you can't overlook Taunton Farm as one of the best caravan parks in WA.
Barn-style campers kitchen, Taunton Farm
2. Esperance Seafront Caravan Park, Esperance
Goldfields Road, Esperance, Western Australia.
Ph.08 9071 1251
When evaluating the best caravan parks in WA, we can't go past this one. So, what's great about Esperance Seafront Caravan Park?
- Location. One of the best caravan parks in WA, located in one of the prettiest towns in WA - Esperance. Seaside Paradise. Need we say more?
- Although there are several other caravan parks in Esperance, we love the location, setting and price of this one. It is just 30m from a safe swimming beach, 70m to a fantastic fishing jetty (see photo), and 2km to town centre (approx 30min walk)
- Setting. Relaxing, quiet, lawned, shady caravan park overlooking the beautiful Esperance Bay. Many sites with magnificent ocean views. (When booking, we make a point of requesting the front row!)
We always stay here to "get back to civilisation" after the long trek across the Nullarbor, or when preparing for the trip back East. The shady trees and more importantly, the grassed sites, are much appreciated!
- Internet kiosk (7am - 7pm)
- 24 hour wireless internet access
- 4 large clean amenities blocks
- Large, safe, grassed area with children's playground equipment
- Beautiful, free, BBQ area
- Fully equipped campers kitchen
- On-site shop - groceries, takeaways, souveniers, and tourist information
- Free car-wash. Handy for washing off the salt after driving up the beach, or to wash off the Nullarbor dirt!
- Sewered dump points
- Prices: (to 30th June, 2011). Unpowered site $31/night (2 adults), extra person $10/day (max $30/wk). 7th night free, children <5yrs free. Power: extra $4/night.
- 5 accommodation types: 2 & 3 bed holiday units, deluxe cabins, standard cabins, 177 caravan and tent sites over 10 acres.
Sea view from Esperance Seafront Caravan Park
There are so many caravan parks in WA that we have yet to "road-test", help us out by sharing your favourites - we and other visitors to this site appreciate it!
What is YOUR Favourite Caravan Park?
What is the one caravan park that you are always excited about recommending to a friend? Share it here...
What Other Travellers Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Boddington Caravan Park Not rated yet
This place was so beautiful. Surrounded by hills and right on Holtham River.
The sites are large , we fit our friends tent alongside our Goliath tent …
Middleton Beach Big4, Albany Not rated yet
Beautiful setting and many places to visit on short day trips. The nicest thing about the park is that one never sees the kids, yet one knows they are …
Click here to write your own.
Return HOME from Best Caravan Parks in WA
Return to Best Caravan Parks