10 Essential Items to Pack when Travelling with Children.
This list of essential items applies equally to long-term travelling and day-trips.
Having these items can make the difference between truly enjoying a place, or being uncomfortable and eager to leave.
- Baby wipes (eg Wet Ones).
- Zip-lock bags (these items have a multitude of uses).
- Nappies or spare undies, a change of clothes, and warm clothing.
- Drink bottle and snacks.
- A camera (to capture the usual as well as the unexpected precious moments).
The Twelve Apostles Vic.
- First aid kit (including a good supply of band-aids).
- Hat and sunscreen.
- Swimming gear.
- Baby/toddler carrier or backpack.
- A favourite toy.
In addition to these 10, it's always helpful to carry a sense of humour. (For when things don't go to plan - and they rarely do!)
Having some swimming gear on a hot day, a jumper when the evening turns cool, or a band-aid when a toddler stubs his toe, add to making a trip enjoyable and makes the effort of packing really worthwhile.
So take the time to pack a few things, and enjoy your days!
Back To Home Page from Essential Items
Back to Family Travel